Livin' In the Sweet Virginia Breeze

My weekly musings of living in the country with a great hubby, 2 adorable young children and our bulldog, Ellie.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

8 More Days Until Summer Break!!

We went strawberry picking at a local farm in Surry Co in May. They were so delicious. It was the first time AnnaBelle has ever been and after she figured out the white ones tasted bad and I showed her the juicy red ones she began picking left and right!




The garden has tripled in size from the last picture taken. The poles, wire and twine are up and the tomato plants are all caged. We received an inch and a half of rain this morning. Much needed rain. The ground was so thirsty. We drained one of the wells watering the smaller flower garden and were going to drain another on the big garden this morning until we heard the thunder roll through around 5 a.m. And then the soothing sound of rain hitting the tin let me know that we were extremely lucky. Folks in the southern end of the county didn't receive any measurable rain.









We spent Memorial Day at Papa's and the kiddies and I swam in the pool. Nathan is getting to be such the swimmer. I am so proud of the progress he has made. AnnaBelle is fearless, still and jumped into a floating chair and wanted to be toted around like the Queen. It was a nice afternoon despite the 100 degree heat.





She keeps asking me when we can camp out again. I wish we could have this past weekend but Nathan has been sick with a virus.




Last Wednesday he woke up with a headache and then vomited. Lovely.....so he stayed home and then began running a high temp into Thursday night. Early Friday morning he awoke gasping for air. We took him outside into the cool air and worked on calming him down because he was getting scared and I was afraid he might begin hyperventilating. I quickly changed while George stayed with him and then he and I rushed to the ER in Franklin. I ran the AC wide open the entire trip. Once we got there his breathing was better. They gave him a breathing treatment and Tylenol because of his 102 temp. They diagnosed him with Stridor and Pharyngitis (no strep thank goodness) and sent us home. He rested this weekend sleeping more than I have ever seen him before. Just look at how weak those eyes were on Friday after he begged us to sit outside for a brief respite. I think he'll be ready for school tomorrow. :)











Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home